IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines the process of upgrading Qumulo Core via the Web UI
- Healthy cluster with no current hardware failures running Qumulo Core
- Upgrade image from Product Releases & Announcements
- Note that cloud clusters and on-prem clusters require different upgrade images. Verify the compatibility before installing.
- Click the Follow button in the Product Releases & Announcements section of the Qumulo Community to be notified of new Qumulo Core releases.
- Upload the upgrade file qumulo_core_x.x.x.qimg to any directory on the cluster via a client protocol like NFS or SMB.
- Login to the Qumulo Core Web UI.
- Hover over the Support menu and click Software Upgrade.
- Enter the file system path (without the leading slash) for the upgrade file.
Example: If the share/export that contains the upgrade file is /upgrade/, your file system path should be upgrade/qumulo_core_2.13.0.qimg.
- Click the Upgrade button.
Our upgrade process takes anywhere from 30 seconds up to a few minutes to complete depending on which version of Qumulo Core you are running. Clusters running Qumulo Core 3.3.1 or below can anticipate one to two minutes of downtime while clusters utilizing our Instant Software Upgrade feature in 3.3.2 or above can expect less than 30 seconds of downtime unless otherwise noted.
NOTE: Back to back upgrades of Qumulo Core may require a wait period between specific releases to allow background processes to run. Before attempting to install multiple releases of Qumulo Core in an extended maintenance window, reach out to the Qumulo Care team for guidance.
You should now be able to upgrade Qumulo Core using the Web UI
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!