IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines the process of upgrading Qumulo Core via the UI
- Healthy cluster with no current hardware failures running Qumulo Core
- Cloud clusters require version 2.8.7 and above.
- Upgrade image from Product Releases & Announcements
- Note that cloud clusters and on-prem clusters require different upgrade images. Verify the compatibility before installing.
TIP! Click the Follow button on the Product Releases & Announcements section of the Qumulo Community to be notified when a new Qumulo Core version is released.
- Upload the upgrade file qumulo_core_x.x.x.qimg to any directory on the cluster via a client protocol like NFS or SMB.
- Login to the Qumulo Core Web UI.
- Hover over the Support menu and click Software Upgrade.
- Enter the file system path for the upgrade file without the leading slash.
Example: If the share/export that contains the upgrade file is /upgrade/, your file system path should be upgrade/qumulo_core_2.8.7.qimg
- Click the Upgrade button
All Qumulo Core upgrades must be done in sequential order. If your cluster is running Qumulo Core 2.8.0 and you want to upgrade to 2.8.2, you will first need to upgrade to the 2.8.1 release before proceeding to the 2.8.2 version.
You should now be able to upgrade Qumulo Core using the UI
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!