IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines the process of upgrading Qumulo Core via the Web UI
- Healthy cluster with no current hardware failures running Qumulo Core
- Upgrade image from Product Releases & Announcements
- Note that cloud clusters and on-prem clusters require different upgrade images. Verify the compatibility before installing.
TIP! Click the Follow button on the Product Releases & Announcements section of the Qumulo Community to be notified when a new Qumulo Core version is released.
- Upload the upgrade file qumulo_core_x.x.x.qimg to any directory on the cluster via a client protocol like NFS or SMB.
- Login to the Qumulo Core Web UI.
- Hover over the Support menu and click Software Upgrade.
- Enter the file system path (without the leading slash) for the upgrade file.
Example: If the share/export that contains the upgrade file is /upgrade/, your file system path should be upgrade/qumulo_core_2.13.0.qimg.
- Click the Upgrade button.
Our upgrade process takes one-to-two minutes to complete whether you are installing the new releases as they come or taking the quarterly release upgrade path. For details on upgrade options with Qumulo, check out the Qumulo Core Upgrade Paths article to find out more.
IMPORTANT! Back to back upgrades of Qumulo Core may require a wait period between specific releases to allow background processes to run. Before attempting to install multiple releases of Qumulo Core in an extended maintenance window, reach out to the Qumulo Care team for guidance on your upgrade path.
You should now be able to upgrade Qumulo Core using the Web UI
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!