IN THIS ARTICLE
This article explains how you can upgrade Qumulo Core using the Web UI.
- A healthy cluster that runs Qumulo Core with no current hardware failures
- An upgrade image from Product Releases & Announcements
- Cloud clusters and on-premises clusters require different upgrade images. Before upgrading, verify compatibility.
- For notifications about new Qumulo Core releases click Follow button in the Product Releases & Announcements section of Qumulo Community.
- Upload the upgrade file
qumulo_core_x.x.x.qimgto any directory on the cluster by using a client protocol such as NFS or SMB.
- Log in to the Qumulo Core Web UI.
- Click Support > Software Upgrade.
- Enter the file system path for the upgrade file (without the leading slash). For example, if the share or export that contains the upgrade file is
/upgrade/, your file system path should be
- Click Upgrade.
The Ready to Upgrade? dialog box appears. The dialog box displays the versions of the Qumulo Core upgrade path and the upgrade steps
Note: The following example shows a software upgrade. A platform upgrade requires the cluster to reboot its nodes.
- After you review the process, click Yes, Upgrade Now.
On the Software Upgrade in Progress page, a progress bar and other messages appear during the process.
The upgrade process takes 30 seconds to a few minutes to complete, depending on your version of Qumulo Core.
- Like in this example, clusters that use the Instant Software Upgrade feature in Qumulo Core 3.3.2 (or higher) might have less than 30 seconds of downtime.
- Clusters that run Qumulo Core 3.3.1 (or lower) might have 3-7 minutes of downtime (depending on platform reboot times).
When the upgrade is complete, the You successfully upgraded to <version> from <version> message appears.
NOTE: Multiple Qumulo Core upgrades in sequence might require a waiting period between specific releases, to allow background processes to run. Contact the Qumulo Care Team before trying to install multiple releases of Qumulo Core within an extended maintenance window.
You now can upgrade Qumulo Core using the Web UI.
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!