This Knowledge Base article is available in multiple languages. Select German, Spanish or French from the localization menu at the top of the page to translate Qumulo's Safety Instructions.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines the safety instructions and procedures for Qumulo
- Qumulo supported hardware
Elevated Operating Ambient
- If installed in a closed or multi-unit rack assembly, the operating ambient temperature of the rack environment may be greater than room ambient. Therefore, consideration should be given to installing the equipment in an environment compatible with the maximum ambient temperature (Tma) of 40 degrees C.
Reduced Air Flow
- Installation of the equipment in a rack or cabinet should be such that the amount of airflow required for safe operation of the equipment is not compromised.
- Mounting of the equipment in the rack or cabinet should be such that a hazardous condition is not achieved due to uneven mechanical loading.
- Consideration should be given to the connection of the equipment to the supply circuit and the effect that overloading of the circuits might have on over current protection and supply wiring. Appropriate consideration of equipment nameplate ratings should be used when addressing this concern.
- Reliable earthing of rack-mounted equipment should be maintained. Particular attention should be given to supply connections other than direct connections to the branch circuit (e.g. use of power strips).
Redundant Power Supplies
- Where redundant power supplies are provided with the equipment, each power supply shall be connected to a separate circuit to optimize the equipment redundancy.
- Prior to servicing the equipment, disconnect all power supplies.
Caution: Risk of explosion if battery is replaced by incorrect type. Dispose of used batteries according to the instructions.
You should now have an understanding of Qumulo's Safety guidelines
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!