IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to create NFS Exports with multiple IP restrictions using the qq CLI
- Cluster running Qumulo Core
- Command line (CLI) tools installed via API & Tools tab
Users can create an NFS Export with multiple IP address restrictions using the qq command line interface or via the api in the dashboard.
- Within the operating system of a Qumulo node (ex: /var/tmp), create a text file with the following content:
- Please note that each section below is creating three separate restrictions. Fewer or additional restrictions can be created depending on your specific use case.
- IP addresses below are for demonstration purposes only
NOTE: The IP restrictions will be enforced in the order they are written from top to bottom. Please be aware of this as you create your list of rules. An easy way to prevent unintended results is to list IP-specific rules at the top of the list and Subnet-wide rules at the bottom.
- Assign the restrictions to the NFS share on creation or modify the share
$ qq nfs_add_share --export-path / --fs-path / --restrictions nfs_restrictions1.json
- Verify the restrictions are in place accordingly using the following qq command
Once the rules have been applied the json file is no longer required and can be deleted or saved elsewhere for your own documentation.
NOTE: NFS Exports with multiple IP restrictions applied can only be deleted using the command below:
You should now be able successfully create NFS exports with Multiple IP Restrictions
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!