IN THIS ARTICLE
- Outlines how to upgrade Qumulo Core via the CLI
- Cluster running Qumulo Core
Clusters running 2.1.1 and above can upgrade via the UI. Reference the article Qumulo Core Upgrades via UI for additional details.
- Upload the upgrade file qumulo_core_x.x.x.qimg to any directory on the cluster via a client protocol like NFS or SMB
- Connect to a node via ssh using your IP address:
- Become root by running the following command:
- Confirm that the upgrade status is “IDLE” using the command below:
- The output should reflect the following:
- Prepare the upgrade by running the following command using the path to the .qimg file you uploaded:
qq upgrade_config_set --path /qumulo_core_x.x.x.qimg --target prepare
- Issue the following command to monitor the ‘prepare’ status:
qq upgrade_status --monitor
- Proceed once you see the following output:
- Arm the upgrade to begin the installation using the command below:
qq upgrade_config_set --path /qumulo_core_x.x.x.qimg --target arm
NOTE: You will need to re-login after the upgrade completes and the Qumulo process is restarted.
- Check that the upgrade was successful by running the following command and verifying the new version number:
You should now be able to successfully upgrade Qumulo Core via CLI
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!