IN THIS ARTICLE
- Outlines how to utilize Quotas in Qumulo Core
- Cluster running Qumulo Core 2.6.0 and above
Take a modern approach to data capacity management with Qumulo’s machine intelligent quotas. Qumulo quotas are built directly into the file system so they can leverage the machine intelligence already in Qumulo Core to manage rogue applications and users and enable better-informed provisioning decisions.
Key Features of Qumulo’s Machine Intelligent Quotas include:
- Native Quotas that are built into the file system which are always up-to-date and in-sync with the file system. The benefits of this approach include a dramatic reduction in storage administration time and freedom to move preexisting data and directories between quota domains as needed.
- Intelligent Quotas means every quota is a policy that executes a set of real-time queries. Unlike traditional systems that require tree-walking of the entire directory structure (which can take days to complete), intelligent quotas can be immediately enforced. The benefits of this approach include real-time diagnosis and enforcement of rogue applications and users, along with real-time visibility showing how the storage is allocated at any point-in-time.
Create a Quota
- In the Web UI, navigate to the Sharing menu and select Quotas from the dropdown
- Click the Create Quota button
- Type in the path and set the limit in GB, PB, or TB for your quota
- Click Save to create the Quota
You can now manage the Quota you've created on the Quotas listing page. Here you'll be able to see the usage in percent, the path, the used storage amount, and the quota limit for each quota.
The Quotas listing page also provides visibility on the amount of storage currently being used on the cluster, including all quotas. For Quotas, Quota Used is the sum of used capacity across quotas and Quota Provisioned is the sum of all quota limits.
Keep in mind that when the parent directory of a quota also has a quota provisioned, only the parent quota is included in the calculation.
You should now be able to successfully configure and manage Quotas in Qumulo Core
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!