IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to initiate server-side deletes of entire file system trees in Qumulo Core
- Cluster running Qumulo Core 2.6.7 and above
- Command line (CLI) tools installed via API & Tools tab
- Admin privileges on the Qumulo cluster
IMPORTANT: Currently there is no mechanism to stop, pause, or cancel a server-side tree delete once it's started. Double-check the directory path before starting a tree delete to ensure it's accurate or take a snapshot if unsure.
qq fs_delete_tree --path /dir/to/delete
Check tree delete progress
You can watch the directory aggregates by running the following command:
qq fs_read_dir_aggregates --path /dir/to/delete --max-entries 1
- Currently you will not receive failure by permissions
- Tree deletes can delete up to a depth of 1000 directories
- If you use tree delete to delete a replication target directory, the Replication job will break
- Currently there is no performance guidance given for how long the delete work will take to complete
For additional details on tree deletes, go to API & Tools in the Web UI, click Files, and select Delete Directory Tree.
You should now be able to successfully complete a server-side tree delete in Qumulo Core
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!