IN THIS ARTICLE
This article explains how you can configure LDAP in Qumulo Core 2.12.1 (or higher).
- Log in to Qumulo Core with an administrative account.
- Click Cluster > LDAP.
- Hover over the Cluster menu in the Web UI and click on LDAP.
- On the LDAP Configuration page, click Edit and then do the following:
- For Use LDAP features, click Yes.
- Enter the LDAP URI.
- For Base DN, enter the Distinguished Name from which the LDAP server searches for users.
- For Bind Username, enter the username for logging into LDAP services.
Note: This username must have the permission to search within the provided DN.
- For Bind Password, enter the password that corresponds to the username.
- (Optional) For Encrypt Connection, click Yes to use encryption.
Important: By default, Qumulo requires an encrypted connection to connect to LDAP (either LDAPS or StartTLS). If you disable this option to connect without TLS, you might expose credentials over your network.
- Click Save.
Note: To use encrypted connections, you must install a valid certificate for your LDAP server. For more information, see SSL: Install a Signed SSL Certificate.