IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to configure LDAP in Qumulo Core
- Cluster running Qumulo Core 2.12.1 or later
Enable Qumulo's LDAP service to manage file permissions and reference user UID and GID information in Qumulo Core.
- Login as the Qumulo admin account.
- Hover over the Cluster menu in the Web UI and click on LDAP.
- Click Edit on the LDAP Configuration screen.
- Click Yes under Use LDAP features.
- Fill in the following details:
- LDAP URI: the URI for the LDAP server.
- Base DN: the Distinguished Name from which the LDAP server searches for users.
- Bind Username: the username used to log into LDAP services. Note that the username provided must have permission to search within the provided DN.
- Bind Password: the password for the username provided.
- Encrypt Connection: whether you wish encryption to be used.
NOTE: By default, Qumulo requires an encrypted connection to connect to LDAP (either ldaps or startTLS). Disable this option to connect without TLS, potentially exposing credentials over the network.
- Specify whether your LDAP deployment uses encryption with the Encrypt Connection option. By default, this is enabled.
- Click Save.
NOTE: To use encrypted connections, you must install a valid certificate for your LDAP server. See the SSL: Install a Signed SSL Certificate article for additional details.
You should now be able to successfully configure LDAP in Qumulo Core.
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!