IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to utilize per-directory Snapshots in Qumulo Core
- Take an On Demand Snapshot
- Create a Snapshot Policy on a per-directory basis
- Cluster running Qumulo Core 2.6.11 or above
- Admin access to the Qumulo Core Web UI
In Qumulo Core version 2.6.11 and above, you can create an On Demand Snapshot or setup a Snapshot Policy for a specific directory by using the Cluster menu in the Qumulo Core Web UI.
On Demand Snapshots
- Login to the Qumulo Core Web UI
- Hover your cursor over the Cluster menu
- Click Saved Snapshots to take an on demand snapshot
- Click on the Take Snapshot button to create a new snapshot
- Fill out the necessary information for your on demand snapshot including:
- Path to the directory you want to take a snapshot of
- Select when you would like to delete the snapshot
- Automatically after a specified number of hours, days, weeks, or months
- Click Save to create the On Demand Snapshot
- Login to the Qumulo Core Web UI.
- Hover your cursor over the Cluster menu.
- Click Saved Snapshots to access the snapshots screen.
- Click Policy to view the snapshot policies table.
- Click the Create button to setup a new snapshot policy for a specific directory.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Policy Name
- Directory you want to snapshot
- Use the Select Schedule Type drop down to select the frequency of how often you want the policy to run:
- Hourly or Less
- Daily or Weekly
- Use the Enabled toggle button to easily turn the policy off without having to delete it and recreate it at another time
- Click Save to create the Snapshot Policy
You should now be able to successfully take an On Demand Snapshot and create a per-directory Snapshot Policy using the Web UI of Qumulo Core
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!