IN THIS ARTICLE
Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions for free trial users of QF2 in AWS
Where can I access a free trial of QF2 in AWS?
- To experience the full power of the QF2 file system for AWS, click here.
What are the requirements for running QF2 in AWS?
- You'll need an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Account and have the following information on hand:
- AWS account ID and target region
- Permission to launch EC2 instances
- Account limits large enough for 5TB of EBS storage across GP2 and ST1
How do I launch an instance of QF2 in AWS?
- For information on how to configure and launch an instance, read the Knowledge Base article QF2 in AWS: Deploy a Free Trial Instance with CloudFormation for details.
If I enable the QF2 cloud-based monitoring service during my free trial of QF2, will I receive proactive support from Qumulo Care?
- QF2 cloud-based monitoring service and alerting from Qumulo Care is not supported for free trial users of QF2 even when enabled in the UI. Subscription users will have the ability to utilize cloud-based monitoring service with QF2.
Is data protection included in the free trial version of QF2 in AWS?
- The free trial of QF2 in AWS does not include any data protection beyond what is provided by the underlying EBS storage. It is not recommended to use free trials of QF2 for production data without a replication or backup strategy.
Can I enable a cluster of four or more nodes to enable scaling and data protection in the free trial version of QF2?
- The single node 5TB cluster provided in the free trial cannot be expanded at this time. Multi-node functionality is available with a subscription for QF2.
Can I make changes to EBS volume in the QF2 AMI?
- Modifying the type or size of the EBS volumes in the QF2 AMI will render the software not functional. Please use the AMI volume layout provided in the original image.
You should now be able to successfully get started and utilize QF2 in AWS using the answers provided in this FAQ article
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!