IN THIS ARTICLE
Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions for free trial users of Qumulo in AWS
Where can I access a free trial of Qumulo in AWS?
- To experience the full power of the Qumulo file system for AWS, click here.
What are the requirements for running Qumulo in AWS?
- You'll need an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Account and have the following information on hand:
- AWS account ID and target region
- Permission to launch EC2 instances
- Account limits large enough for 5TB of EBS storage across GP2 and ST1
How do I launch an instance of Qumulo in AWS?
- For information on how to configure and launch an instance, read the Knowledge Base article Qumulo in AWS: Deploy a Free Trial Instance with CloudFormation for details.
If I enable the Qumulo cloud-based monitoring service during my free trial, will I receive proactive support from Qumulo Care?
- Qumulo cloud-based monitoring service and alerting from Qumulo Care is not supported for free trial users even when enabled in the UI. Subscription users will have the ability to utilize cloud-based monitoring service.
Is data protection included in the free trial version of Qumulo in AWS?
- The free trial of Qumulo in AWS does not include any data protection beyond what is provided by the underlying EBS storage. It is not recommended to use free trials for production data without a replication or backup strategy.
Can I enable a cluster of four or more nodes to enable scaling and data protection in the free trial version?
- The single node 5TB cluster provided in the free trial cannot be expanded at this time. Multi-node functionality is available with a subscription.
Can I make changes to EBS volume in the Qumulo AMI?
- Modifying the type or size of the EBS volumes in the Qumulo AMI will render the software not functional. Please use the AMI volume layout provided in the original image.
You should now be able to successfully get started and utilize Qumulo in AWS using the answers provided in this FAQ article
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!