Below you'll find an example of how to serve Active Directory AutoFS maps to AD bound Linux clients with SSSD. Keep in mind that this is for informational purposes only and is not specific to Qumulo. We do not guarantee the same level of support for the actions outlined below as we do for other features specific to Qumulo Core.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to serve Active Directory AutoFS maps to AD bound Linux clients with SSSD
In the example below, we will create an autofs map pointing to the NFS export tools from the server qq.qumulotest.local. This mount point will be available on the Linux clients via automounter at /tools/tools
The example below was tested with Active Directory 2012R2, CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 16.04 and assumes that the Linux client is already successfully bound to Active Directory via SSSD and RealmD.
Use ADSI Edit in a Domain Controller of DC connected Windows PC
- Create a new Organizational Unit to store the automapper information.
- In this example the OU automapper was created in the root of the Domain qumulotest.local
- Right click on the automapper OU and create new Object of the type nisMap with the following attributes:
cn = auto.master
- Click finish
- Right click once more on automapper and create a second Object of the type nisMap with these attributes:
cn = auto.tools
- Click finish
- Right click in the auto.tools CN and create and Object of the type nisObject with these attributes:
cn = tools
nisMapName = auto.tools
nisMapEntry = fstype=nfs qq.qumulotest.local:/tools
- Click finish
- To create the mount point pointer, right click on auto.master and create Object of type nisObject with the following attributes:
cn = /tools/
nisMapName = auto.master
nisMapEntry = auto.tools
- The second “/” is important in cn = /tools/
- Parent container of the CN is nisMapName = auto.master
- Map is stored in nisMapEntry = auto.tools
NOTE: It is good practice to create one auto.**** CN per mount point, but each mount point CN can have multiple CNs pointing to other exports. For example, we could create a second CN inside of auto.tools pointing to another NFS export in qumulotest.local and these would all be listed via the single CN=/tools/ entry in auto.master.
- In /etc/nsswitch.conf append or create this line:
Automount: files sss
- In /etc/sssd/sssd.conf modify this line under the [sssd] section to look like the following:
services = nss, pam, autofs
- Add the following empty section below [sssd]:
- Add the following lines to the end of your [domain\yourdomain] section:
autofs_provider = ad
Note: Replace the bold items with your environment's items
- Delete the SSSD cache:
rm rf /var/lib/sss/db/*
- Restart SSSD and autofs:
service sssd restart
- Test that autofs can read maps from Active Directory:
- Sample Output:
autofs dump map information
You should now be able to cd to /tools/tools to trigger the automount.
You should now be able to successfully serve Active Directory AutoFS maps to AD bound Linux clients with SSSD
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!