IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to create a cluster with Qumulo Core 2.7.10 and above
- 4 or more nodes running the same version of Qumulo Core 2.7.10 and above
For earlier versions of Qumulo Core, reference the Create a Cluster with Qumulo article.
- Power on the node(s) that will be used to form the cluster
- Review the End User License Agreement, check the box to agree and click Submit
1. Setup Cluster
- Name the cluster
- Select the nodes for the cluster
- If any nodes are missing, verify that the node is currently running and on the same network
NOTE: The total capacity for the cluster is dynamically updated at the bottom of the page when selecting nodes.
2. Confirm cluster protection level
The recommended 2 or 3 drive protection level will be selected by default based on the cluster size and node type.
If Customize Protection Level is displayed, the option is available to increase the resilience of the system by selecting 3 drive protection. Keep in mind that selecting 3 drive protection will result in less capacity for the cluster.
NOTE: The cluster level protection option is only available at cluster creation and cannot be changed after the fact. For more information, check out the Qumulo Drive Failure Protection article.
3. Create a password for your admin account
- Type in the password for your admin account
- Retype the password to confirm
- Click Create Cluster
To access the dashboard in the Qumulo Core UI remotely, use any node's IP address to connect via web browser.
You should now be able to successfully create a Qumulo cluster running Qumulo Core version 2.7.10 and above
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!