IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to install QQ Command-Line Tools from the Web UI of Qumulo Core
- Cluster running Qumulo Core
- Python 2.7
- Admin privileges on the Qumulo cluster
- Log in to the Qumulo Core Web UI.
- Select API & Tools.
- Click Download Command-Line Tools button.
- Unzip the downloaded file on your computer.
- Copy the qumulo_api directory to your home directory to ensure that only you are able to run the qq command on the computer where you are installing. If others need access, copy the qumulo_api directory to one of the following:
- Apple and Linux computers - copy to /opt/
- Windows - copy to C:\Program Files (x86)\
Lastly, you'll need copy the qumulo_api directory to your system's PATH to use the qq command from any location in the file system while in your CMD prompt or terminal.
- Go to Control Panel, select System, click Advanced System Settings, and select Environmental Variables
- Navigate to the System Section and add the following paths to Path Variables
- C:\Program Files (x86)\qumulo_api
- Add the .PY Extension to the list of variable values in the PATHEXT section
- Exit out of the system properties and browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\qumulo_api
- Right click on the qq file and rename it to qq.py
You can now open up a command prompt and interact with a Qumulo cluster from a window workstation or server.
- Open a Terminal window
- Run the following command:
sudo nano etc/paths
- Enter your password when prompted
- Enter the path of the qumulo_api folder at the bottom of the file:
- Type control-X to exit
- Type Y and hit Enter to save the change
- Launch a new Terminal window and run the following command to verify:
You can now open up a Terminal window and interact with a Qumulo cluster from a Mac workstation.
For additional details command-line tools, reference the article QQ CLI: Get Started for more information.
You should now be able to successfully install QQ Command-Line Tools in Qumulo Core
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!