IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to perform a chassis swap on Qumulo appliances
- Qumulo QC appliance
- Replacement chassis on site
NOTE: Shutting down the node will cause a quorum event and put the cluster in an n-1 state. Once you finish the process and power on the new chassis, another event will occur when the node rejoins quorum.
- Shut down the node via ssh
- Unplug cabling from the back of the node
- With help on hand, remove the original node from the rack
- Install the new diskless chassis into the rack
- Transfer the boot drive from the old node to the new. Note that on first generation 1U appliances, you will need to open the node to access the boot drive
- Move the HDDs and SSDs from the original node to the new chassis making sure to insert the disks into the same slots.
- For additional details on moving the drives, reference the article Video: HDD Field Replacement Unit for more information
- Transfer the network cabling and PSUs to the new node
- Power on the node
You should now be able to successfully replace a chassis on any Qumulo QC appliance
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!