IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to perform a chassis swap on Qumulo appliances
- Qumulo QC appliance
- Replacement chassis on site
NOTE: Shutting down the node will cause a quorum event and put the cluster in an n-1 state. Once you finish the process and power on the new chassis, another event will occur when the node rejoins quorum.
- Shut down the node
- Unplug cabling from the back of the node
- With help on hand, remove the original node from the rack
- Install the new diskless chassis into the rack
- Transfer the boot drive from the old node to the new
- Note that on first generation 1U appliances, you will need to open the node to access the boot drive
- Move the HDDs and SSDs from the original node to the new chassis making sure to insert the disks into the same slots.
- For additional details on moving the drives, reference the article Video: HDD Field Replacement Unit for more information
- Transfer the network and power cabling to the new node
- Power on the node
NOTE: If the current IPMI settings are set statically and not via DHCP, they will need to be reapplied to each node in the cluster. Reference the IPMI Quick Reference Guide article for additional details.
You should now be able to successfully replace a chassis on any Qumulo QC appliance
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!