IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines the LED locations and status indicators for the following drives in HPE Apollo 4200 Gen 9 servers:
- Large form factor (LFF) drives
- Small form factor (SFF) drives
- HPE Apollo 4200 servers
HPE Apollo 4200 Gen 9 servers are comprised of a combination of large form factor (LFF) and small form factor (SFF) drives. LFF and SFF drives have different sets of LEDs to reflect the drive status.
LARGE FORM FACTOR (LFF) DRIVE LEDS
LFF LEDs can be located using the diagram below:
The current state of an LFF drive can be determined by reviewing the status of both the Fault/UID LED and the Online/Activity LED.
- (1) Fault/UID LED: glows either amber or blue
- (2) Online/Activity LED: glows green
Reference the following table to decode the different combinations of the two LFF LEDs:
SMALL FORM FACTOR (SFF) DRIVE LEDS
SFF LEDs can be located using the diagram below:
(1) Locate LED
- Solid blue: The drive is being identified by a host application
- Flashing blue: The drive carrier firmware is being updated or requires an update
NOTE: The Locate LED is located behind the release lever and is visible when illuminated.
(2) Activity ring LED
- Rotating green: Drive activity
- Off: No drive activity
(3) Do not remove LED
- Solid white: Do not remove the drive. Removing the drive causes one or more of the logical drives to fail
- Off: Removing the drive does not cause a logical drive to fail
(4) Drive status LED
- Solid green: The drive is a member of one or more logical drives
- Flashing green: The drive is rebuilding or performing a RAID migration, strip size migration, capacity expansion, or logical drive extension or is erasing
- Flashing amber/green: The drive is a member of one or more logical drives and predicts the drive will fail
- Flashing amber: The drive is not configured and predicts the drive will fail
- Solid amber: The drive has failed
- Off: The drive is not configured by a RAID controller
You should now be able to successfully utilize the LED indicators for the LFF and SFF drives on the HPE Apollo 4200 Gen 9 server.
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!