IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to install the rails, rack the nodes and create a cluster for QC Series 4U hardware
- Review Qumulo Safety Instructions
- QC Series 4U hardware
- Front panel
- Rack Rails
- Compatible network cables (fiber or twinax with SFP+)
- Power Cords
- Optional: Rail Kit round hole adapters
For additional guidance on cluster configuration and getting started with QF2, reference the Qumulo Installation FAQ article for more details.
INSTALL THE RAILS
- Slide the inner rail in place before installing the rail on the rack
- Verify the front end of the rail
- Place the front of the rail into the holes on the rack using the numbers as a guide
- Hold the lock and place the rear of the rail into the holes using the same numerical placement as the front
- Release to lock the rail in place
RACK THE NODES
- Place node into the rail system by aligning the rails between the node and the rack
- Release the blue button on the side of the node to slide the node and rails into the rack
- Tighten the thumbscrew to secure the node in place
- Insert the included hard drives (HDD) into any open slot on the node
TIP: For additional details on installing the drives, check out the video available in Qumulo's HDD Field Replacement Unit article
- Attach the network cables using the QC208 Networking Diagrams as a guide and plug in the power cables on the back of the node.
- Connect any one of the nodes to a display, keyboard and mouse
- Turn on the nodes by pressing the power button on the front
- Check that all drive lights (red, blue, green) illuminate before proceeding to create a cluster
CREATE A CLUSTER
- Review the End User License Agreement, check the box to accept and click Submit
1) Create a cluster
- Name the cluster
- Select the nodes for the cluster
NOTE: If any nodes are missing, verify that the node is currently running and on the same network.
2) Create a password for your admin account
- Type in the password for your admin account
- Retype the password to confirm
- Click Create Cluster to form your cluster
- Select Yes, Create Cluster when prompted
- Complete cluster configuration by confirming the settings for monitoring, networking, and time zone preferences in the right-hand panel of the dashboard
To access the dashboard in the Qumulo Core UI remotely, use any node's IP address to connect via web browser.
You should now be able to successfully install the rails, rack the nodes and create a cluster for QC Series 4U hardware.
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!