IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to create an SMB Share in Qumulo Core
- Admin privileges required
- Cluster running Qumulo Core
SMB Shares Page Overview
In the Web UI, hover over Sharing and click SMB Shares from the dropdown.
A list of SMB shares will display with the following details:
Shares: Name of the SMB share
File system path: The directory path of the SMB share
Allow guest: Displays whether anonymous access is enabled
Read-only: Displays whether Read-only access is configured
Create an SMB Share
Click Create on the SMB Shares page
Fill in the following fields:
- File system path: The directory path of the SMB Share.
- Create new directory with inherited permissions: If selected, creates a new directory if the file system path does not exist.
- Share name: The SMB Share name the client will mount to.
- Description: A description of the share (optional).
- Allow guest: Enables the share to be accessed anonymously.
- Read-only: Enables the share to have read-only access.
- Enable access-based enumeration: Displays only the files and folders that a user has permissions to access. If a user does not have Read or equivalent permissions for a folder, the folder is hidden from the user’s view.
Click Save to create the new share and add it to the SMB Shares page.
Edit or Delete an SMB Share
- To Edit an existing SMB Share, click the pencil icon next to the listing on the SMB Shares page
- Delete an SMB Share by clicking the trashcan icon
- Confirm the removal of the share by selecting Yes, Delete Share when prompted or click Cancel to keep the share
You should now be able to successfully create an SMB Share in Qumulo Core
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!