IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to install a DIMM module in Qumulo K-series platforms
- Qumulo K-series 144T or 168T hardware
- DIMM module on-site
- Power down the node and disconnect cabling
- Loosen the two black thumbscrews on the front of the node and remove the node from the rack
- Press the blue button and slide the top panel towards the back of the node to remove
- Lift the black air guide straight up and away from the motherboard to expose components below
- Press down on the two retaining clips on either side of the DIMM to release and remove
IMPORTANT: Verify that you are replacing the correct DIMM (A0 or B0) by referencing the image below.
- Insert the new DIMM into the slot verifying that the retaining clips are locked into position
- Install the air guide cover using the post on the enclosure for alignment
- Position the top panel and slide towards the front of the node ensuring the peg underneath is aligned with the opening on the enclosure
Once the DIMM replacement is complete, install the node back into the rack, tighten the two black thumbscrews, reconnect all cabling and power on the node.
You should now be able to successfully install a DIMM module in Qumulo K-series platforms
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!