IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to replace the drives in Qumulo P-series hardware
- Qumulo P-series 23T, 92T, 184T, or 368T platform
- Locate the drive using the Qumulo P-Series Drive Diagrams
NOTE: Drives in the Qumulo P-series 2U platform are hot swappable and do not require a power shut down. Operations can continue while the drive carrier is being replaced. In the rare case (due to NVMe hot swap technology) that a drive is not recognized after swapping, reboot the node to complete drive detection.
- Press the latch on the top of the drive carrier to release
- Pull the drive carrier straight out to remove
- Insert the new drive carrier into the empty slot
NOTE: Due to manufacturer changes, replacement drives may be larger than the original failed hardware on your cluster. Qumulo Core will only use a portion of the drive that corresponds to the original size to account for the difference.
- Press the black drive carrier latch until it clicks into place to secure the drive
NOTE: The latch can successfully click without the drive being fully secured in the slot. Ensure the drive is fully seated in the slot and in alignment with the neighboring drives before proceeding.
- Verify that the green drive LED is on
Note: The SSD boot drive is located inside the node. Before removing the boot drive, reach out to email@example.com for additional instructions on how to proceed.
You should now be able to successfully replace a drive on any Qumulo P-series 2U platform
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!