CAUTION! Running the Qumulo Core USB Installer to perform a clean install of Qumulo Core will delete any existing data that is currently stored on your cluster. Complete a back up and confirm that your data is secure before proceeding.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to use a Qumulo Core USB Installer key to perform a clean install of Qumulo Core on your cluster
- Qumulo Supported Hardware
- Qumulo Core USB Installer key
Reference the Create a Qumulo Core USB Installer Key article for step-by-step instructions if needed.
The following steps outline how to use a Qumulo Core USB Installer key to perform a clean install of Qumulo Core on your cluster. Keep in mind that proceeding with the following steps will delete any existing data on your nodes as cautioned in the statement above. Ensure that you have a full back up of your data before installing Qumulo Core via the USB Installer key.
1. Insert the Qumulo Core USB Installer key into an available USB port on any node.
2. Power on the node or perform a reboot.
3. Hit the F11 key or F6 key to enter the boot menu on the BIOS splash screen using the table below as a guide:
|NODE||BOOT MENU KEY|
|QC 1U Gen 1.0 (Legacy)||F11|
|QC 1U Gen 2.0||F6|
4. Use the arrow keys to select your Qumulo Core USB Installer key from the list of devices in the boot menu and hit ENTER. For HPE nodes, select 2 to boot from the Qumulo Core USB Installer key.
5. Type DESTROY ALL DATA (case-sensitive) to continue with a clean install of Qumulo Core on your cluster.
- For HPE nodes, type no when asked to change between RAID and HBA modes to proceed to the DESTROY ALL DATA prompt.
IMPORTANT! If you mistype DESTROY ALL DATA three times or type no when prompted, the installation will be aborted.
The node will automatically shut down once the installation of Qumulo Core is complete. At that time, remove the USB key and press the power button to turn on the node. A successful install using the Qumulo Core USB Installer Key will boot the node to the End User Agreement page, the first step in creating a cluster with Qumulo Core. Before you agree and continue, repeat the steps outlined above for each node that will be included in your Qumulo cluster.
You should now be able to successfully perform a clean install of Qumulo Core on your cluster using a Qumulo Core USB Installer key
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!