IN THIS ARTICLE
This article outlines how to install a DIMM module on C-72T and C-168T platforms.
Important: Do not replace the DIMM modules on C-192, C-432, and K-432 nodes.For guidance on the correct procedure to follow, contact the Qumulo Care Team.
- Power down your node and disconnect any cables from it.
- Loosen the two black thumbscrews on the front of your node and remove the node from the rack.
- To remove the top panel, press the blue button and slide the panel towards the back of the node.
- To expose the node's components, life the black air guide straight up from the motherboard.
- To release and remove a DIMM, press down on the two retaining clips on each side of the DIMM.
Important: To verify that you are replacing the correct DIMM (A0 or B0), see the following image.
- Insert the replacement DIMM into the slot, ensuring that the retaining clips lock into position.
- Install the air guide cover by aligning it with the enclosure post.
- Position the top panel and slide the panel towards the front of your node, ensuring that the peg underneath aligns with the opening on the enclosure.
- When you finish replacing the DIMMs, reinstall the node in your rack and tighten the two black thumbscrews.
- Reconnect all cables and power up your node.
You can now install a DIMM module on C-72T and C-168T platforms.
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!