IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to replace the drives in Qumulo C-series platforms
- Qumulo C-series 72T or 168T hardware
- Locate the drive location using the Qumulo C-Series Drive Diagrams
NOTE: Drives in the Qumulo C-series platforms are hot swappable and do not require a power shut down. Operations can continue while the drive is being replaced.
HDD Drive Drawer
- Press the HDD drawer latch up on the front of the node to release
- Use the handle to pull the drive drawer out
- Press the button on the front of the drive carrier to release the lever and pull into upright position
- Lift the drive carrier up and away from the drive drawer
- Install the replacement HDD by using the lever to lower the replacement HDD into the drawer slot
NOTE: Due to manufacturer changes, replacement drives may be larger than the original failed hardware on your cluster. Qumulo Core will only use a portion of the drive that corresponds to the original size to account for the difference.
- Press the lever down to slide and lock the drive into place
IMPORTANT! Do not use excessive force to lower the drive lever. Verify drive placement in the slot, realign as needed and try again to secure the drive.
- Slide the drive drawer back into position until the latch clicks
- Press the blue lever to the right to release the carrier lock
- Slide the carrier straight out to remove from slot
- Install the replacement SSD by sliding the carrier back into the slot until secure
Note: The SSD boot drive is swappable and located in the lower slot on the back of the node. Before removing the boot drive, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional instructions on how to proceed.
You should now be able to successfully replace a drive on any Qumulo C-series platform
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!