IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to create a Qumulo Core USB Installer key to perform a clean install of Qumulo Core on your cluster
- USB key (4GB minimum)
- Qumulo Core USB installer image from the Qumulo Care team
IMPORTANT! Only proceed with the steps below if you intend to perform a clean install of Qumulo Core on your cluster. Reference the Perform a Clean Install of Qumulo Core article for considerations and additional details.
CREATE A USB INSTALLER KEY ON A MAC
1. Login as root in a terminal window:
2. Plug in your USB key and locate the device's disk label by running the following command:
EXAMPLE: Our USB key is /dev/disk3 in this sample output.
3. Use the device label from Step 2 in place of diskN with the following command (and subsequent commands) to unmount the USB key:
diskutil unmountDisk /dev/diskN
4. Replace /path/to/imgfile in the command below with the image file's path on your node to write the Qumulo Core Installer image to the USB key:
dd if=/path/to/imgfile of=/dev/rdiskN bs=1m
TIP! Drag the image file into your terminal window to quickly get the entire path.
5. Lastly, run the following command to eject the newly created Qumulo Core USB Installer key:
diskutil eject diskN
CREATE A USB INSTALLER KEY ON WINDOWS
Creating a Qumulo Core USB Installer key on Windows requires the use of a third party application like Win32 Disk Imager or dd for Windows to write the installer image to the USB key. Download and utilize any tool that offers this type of support to successfully create a Qumulo Core USB Installer key on Windows.
You should now be able to successfully create a Qumulo Core USB Installer key to perform a clean install of Qumulo Core on your cluster
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!