IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines the various ways a QC Series 1U cluster can be connected to a network
- QC Series 1U cluster
- Network Switch that meets the following criteria:
- 10 Gbps Ethernet
- Fully non-blocking architecture
- IPv6 capable
- Compatible network cables
- Enough ports to connect all nodes to the same switch fabric
- One static IP per node per defined VLAN
Note: Before connecting any Qumulo-provided equipment to your network, it is always best to consult with your Network engineering team. For configuration information, see Best Practices for Networking Qumulo Clusters.
Connect to a Single Switch
The diagram below shows how to connect a four-node QC24 cluster to a single switch.
- Each node contains two 10 Gb ports that are connected to the switch
- Port 24 on the switch is configured to be an uplink and should be connected to the client network
Connect to Redundant Switches
The diagram below shows how to connect a four-node QC24 cluster to dual switches for redundancy.
- The two 10 Gb ports on the nodes are connected to separate switches
- Port 24 on both switches is configured to the be uplink to the client network.
- A peer link needs to be established by linking ports 22 and 23 on both switches
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!