IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to join a Qumulo cluster to Active Directory
- Cluster running Qumulo Core
- Details for your domain including Domain name, Domain username, and Domain password
NOTE: Qumulo Core only supports joining a cluster to one Active Directory Domain.
- Login to the Qumulo Core Web UI
- Hover over the Cluster menu and click Active Directory under Authentication and Authorization
- Fill in the following mandatory fields:
Domain Name: name of your domain. Example: ad.example.com
Domain Username: the user account or service account you will use to authenticate against the domain
Domain Password: the password for the user account or service account
- Fill in the following two optional fields:
NetBIOS name: This is the first portion of the fully qualified domain name. If your Qumulo cluster name is Qumulo and you are joined to the ad.example.com domain, then your NetBIOS name will be Qumulo.
Organizational Unit (OU): If known, this information can be entered and can normally be obtained from your Systems Administrator. If unknown, leave it blank and Qumulo will attempt to join the domain without an OU specified.
- Click the Yes button to use your AD as your primary time server
- Select the option to use Active Directory for POSIX attributes:
- Use in environments where 'user objects' in Active Directory are assigned UNIX UID and GID attributes to allow the cluster to properly enforce permissions regardless of the protocol used to access the data
- For additional details, see the Using Active Directory for POSIX attributes article
- If desired, enter your Base DN(s) in the field provided
- Click Join
You should now be able to successfully join your Qumulo Cluster to Active Directory
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!