IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to install the rails, rack the nodes and create a cluster for Qumulo P-series 2U hardware
- Review Qumulo Safety Instructions
- Qumulo P-series 23T, 92T, or 184T hardware
- Front panel
- Rack Rails
- Compatible network cables (fiber or twinax)
- Power Cords
- Optional: Rail Kit round hole adapters
For additional guidance on cluster configuration and getting started, reference the Qumulo Installation FAQ article for more details.
INSTALL THE RAILS
- Slide the inner rail in place and verify the front end of the rail before installing on the rack.
- Place the front of the rail into the holes on the rack using the numbers as a guide.
- Hold the lock and place the rear of the rail into the holes using the same numerical placement as the front.
- Release to lock the rail in place.
RACK THE NODES
- Place node into the rail system by aligning the rails between the node and the rack.
- Release the blue button on the side of the node to slide the node and rails into the rack.
- Tighten the thumbscrews to secure the node in place.
- Attach the network cables and plug in the power cables on the back of the node. For additional details, reference the Qumulo P-Series Networking article.
- Connect any one of the nodes to a display, keyboard and mouse.
- Turn on the nodes by pressing the power button on the front.
- Check that all drive lights illuminate confirming that drives and nodes are ready for configuration.
CREATE A CLUSTER
Review the End User License Agreement, check the box to agree and click Submit.
1. Setup Cluster
- Name the cluster.
- Select the nodes for the cluster.
- If any nodes are missing, verify that the node is currently running and on the same network
NOTE: The total capacity for the cluster is dynamically updated at the bottom of the page when selecting nodes.
2. Confirm cluster protection level
The recommended 2 or 3 drive protection level will be selected by default based on the cluster size and node type.
If Customize Protection Level is displayed, the option is available to increase the resilience of the system by selecting 3 drive protection. Keep in mind that selecting 3 drive protection will result in less capacity for the cluster.
NOTE: The option for selecting the drive protection level is only available at cluster creation and cannot be changed after the fact.
3. Create a password for your admin account
- Type in the password for your admin account.
- Retype the password to confirm.
- Click Create Cluster.
- Complete cluster configuration by confirming the settings for monitoring, networking, and time zone preferences in the right-hand panel of the dashboard.
To access the dashboard in the Qumulo Core UI remotely, use any node's IP address to connect via web browser.
You should now be able to successfully install the rails, rack the nodes and create a cluster for Qumulo P-series 2U hardware
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!