IN THIS ARTICLE
Outlines how to add blackout windows with Continuous Replication
- Admin privileges required
- Source and target cluster running the same version of Qumulo Core 2.7.3 and above on any model of Qumulo hardware, including HPE
We highly recommend upgrading to the latest version of Qumulo Core to fully utilize Continuous Replication with the additional improvements in functionality and performance we've implemented since the original release.
Continuous Replication creates a copy of the data in a directory on your cluster and transfers it to a directory on a second target cluster. Unless the relationship is configured to enter a blackout window during certain hours of the day(s) of the week, Continuous Replication is always running.
Adding blackout windows to temporarily disable replication allows you avoid increasing the load on the cluster during peak periods of use. When you create a relationship or edit an existing replication relationship in the UI, you can add one or more blackout windows to suspend all replication operations. Once the blackout window expires, replication will automatically resume operations.
Add a Blackout Window
- Create a new replication relationship or edit an existing relationship to access Blackout Windows settings.
- Click +Add Blackout Window.
- Select the day(s) or times for the blackout window to suspend replication between the source and target directories.
- Click +Add Blackout Window to add up to 10 additional blackout windows.
- Click Save Relationship.
IMPORTANT! If you set up a blackout window, any existing replication job will continue to run until completion. Click Manually abort to stop the job immediately keeping in mind that any progress since the last recovery point will be lost.
You should now be able to successfully add blackout windows for Continuous Replication in Qumulo Core
Like what you see? Share this article with your network!